Friday, December 5, 2008

Nicolle's FAVORITE THINGS OF 2008.

We all know what Oprah's Favorite Things are because, well, she's Oprah. Queen of the Universe. But I thought it would be not only fun--but appropriate, since the year is wrapping up--to come up with my very own favorite things of 2008. And the best thing about MY favorite things are that they are all under fifty dollars! 

 (Material items only. Obviously, my overall favorite things are my husband, my friends, my family, Jesus, sunshine, love, music, etc.)

1. KATY PERRY "One of the Boys" RECORD: For those of you who appreciate the science behind what makes music catchy and infectious, this record is for you. All you doubters can roll your eyes all you want, but until you can write a song as hooky as "I Kissed A Girl", you gotta take my word one this one.

2. NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN, the movie: The acting is good. The plot is good. The symbolism is incredible!!!

3. NOSHVILLE'S SCRAMBLED EGGS & WHEAT TOAST: I have a soft spot for a restaurant that serves breakfast all day. Not only that, but I always see someone I know while I'm there, which makes the dining experience all the more lovely. The breakfast of champions.

4. CONVERSE ALL-STARS: For $29.99 you can have a timeless, functional and fashionable pair of kicks that bring back the bounce in your step.

5. ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT SEASON 1: This show is 5 years old. But I was just introduced to it this summer. And more than once I have caught people giving me strange looks on airplanes because I'm laughing out loud to myself with my headphones on as i watch it on my laptop.

***runners up include Weeds Season 4, Entourage 4 and new favorite, Summer Heights High Season 1

6. THE FLIP: the most convenient and adorable portable videocamera. Best part. Built in USB port. Gahhhhhh.....I love it. (ok. i lied. this is more than $50.)

7. THE BEANIE HAT: It's party beret. Part beanie. But all good. Showering is no longer mandatory, but now optional. Girls, you know what I'm talking about.

***runner up: the Fedora

8. FACEBOOK  VIDEO MESSAGES: Few things bring me more joy than to make silly videos on Facebook. And doing so with my brother Coop...well, it's just perfect.

9. THE SHACK, book: life-altering. thought-provoking. beautiful. 

10. THE JENNY MCCARTHY HAIRCUT: for more info, watch my video "operation reinvention" on Facebook. 

11. A HAND OF BLACK JACK @ THE MGM IN VEGAS: I'm terrible at cards. But look good with a couple Kings in my hand.

12. GEORGE STRAIT's ACCEPTANCE SPEECH FOR CMA SINGLE OF THE YEAR: youtube it.

13. THE VIEW HOT TOPICS: best watched w/o commercials on abc.go.com. goooo elisabeth!!!

14. ONE DAY BICYCLE RENTAL IN KEY WEST, FL: best enjoyed while wearing a dress.

15. CROSSPOINT "BAGGAGE" SERIES: two of my favorite things all wrapped in one...Jesus & confrontation!!!

16. LITTLE LAMB HALLOWEEN COSTUME: best worn by future bff's Rhyan Whitney Galyon & Annabelle Newell.






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

4. but for $50, you can get the Grateful Dead edition of All-Star high tops. Loving my pair that I got a few weeks ago.

5. About TIME you found one of the most brilliant shows ever to air on TV. Remember that GOB does illusions, because tricks are what whores do for money.

9. I'm starting to read it this weekend. Promise.

Lindsey Jones said...

i second you on the noshville thing. i miss us. why haven't we been there in forever?? i bet everyone is wondering where we are/where we've been. right about now. (haha, get it?).

Amy Ellen said...

I have aonly read a few posts, But I like your blog. I will be back to visit.

Hugs
Amy