Sunday, April 5, 2009

ACM PREDIX

2:00pm. Hotel room. Las Vegas. ACM Awards. Hubby's song nominated. "I Saw God Today". Song of the Year. (Cross your fingers.) Pretty lucky girl...

I need to start getting my pretty on in about 30 minutes. But in the meantime, I thought I'd put my predictions for tonight's show in a tangible form. 

For every category I've put 2 winners..the one i WANT to win (Dream)...and the one i THINK will win (REALITY). 

TOP NEW ARTIST:
  • in my dreams: Zac Brown Band
  • in all reality: Jake "fake bake" Owen
SINGLE OF THE YEAR:
  • in my dreams: In Color, Jamey Johnson--GO JAMES & LEE!!
  • in my dreams: Gunpowder & Lead, Miranda--GO MIKE RUCKE!!!
  • in all reality: Waitin On A Woman, Brad Paisley
SONG OF THE YEAR:
  • in my dreams: I Saw God Today, Georgy Strait :)
  • in all reality: I Saw God Today, Georgy Strait :)
ALBUM OF THE YEAR:
  • in my dreams: Taylor Swift, Fearless---GO NATHAN!!!
  • in all reality: George Strait, Troubadour
TOP VOCAL DUO:
  • in my dreams: Sugarland
  • in all reality: Brooks & Dunn
TOP VOCAL GROUP:
  • in my dreams: Lady A
  • in all reality: Rascal Flatulance
TOP FEMALE ARTIST:
  • in my dreams: Miranda Lambert
  • in all reality: Taylor Swift, and rightfully so.
TOP MALE ARTIST:
  • in my dreams: George Strait
  • in all reality: Brad Paisley
ENTERTAINER OF THE YEAR:
  • in my dreams: Carrie Underwood--REPRESENT THE WOMEN!!!!
  • in all reality: Kenny Cheesy
Tune in tonight @ 7:00 Central Time to find out how I did.  And please cross your fingers for Rodney....he's lost the last two years! Oh, and also cross your fingers for me...I've got some unfinished business at the Wheel Of Gold slot machine ;)

1 comment:

Julie Adkison said...

Hey Girl -

I think it's Rodney's year! We'll be watching.....lookin for ya.....

I agree with your picks - at least those who I have heard of!

Have fun!!!!!

Love, Julie