I’m supposed to be 30,000 feet above the ground right now, but instead I’m eating cold Baja Burrito in the airport (it doesn’t stack up to the Berry Hill version, but it’s Baja Burrito nonetheless.) and perusing Facebook.. In fact, I just read a banner that said “Taylor Galyon has an 11% chance of getting the swine flu.” Oh look, now someone threw a snowball at me. Now I’m declining an invitation to play Farkle for at least the 80th time this week. Rivoting stuff.
Every once in a while I will have a day—like today—where I’m ultra sensitive to everything. It’s almost like by body is turned inside-out and all my nerves are exposed. Everything I touch, hear and see cuts straight to the core.
EXAMPLE 1: This afternoon I was having a conversation with a person whose identity will be changed for purposes of this blog. Lets call him Paul. Paul said something that resulting in a cry in my car in the Warner parking garage. Then I was on the phone crying to my mom. Then I was sitting on the couch crying to Rodney. And on and on.
EXAMPLE 2: The woman working the Southwest ticket counter said “honey is your bag over 50 lbs?” Which felt more like a rhetorical question than a real one considering the volume and density of the monster bag I was lugging behind me. Yes, I am guilty as charged. She stepped out from behind the counter, placed the baggage label on my bag w/o weighing it, and then winked as she said “I’ll take your word for it.” Then she sent me on my way. I wanted to do a celebration dance. One that incorporated moves from the Beyonce “Single Ladies” video.
EXAMPLE 3: I’ve got Bob Schneider & Patty Griffin “Changing Your Mind” in my headphones. About 10 feet away, I’m watching a young dad teaching his son who looks about 3yrs old how to play a game on his phone. The way this boy’s eyebrows are raised [as he intently concentrates on the game, and then looks up awaiting his dad’s affirmation when has done something right] set to the haunting melody of this song has a tear in my eye.
All I’m saying is that my highs are a little extra high today and the same goes for my lows. And I like it. I’m extra alive right now. And it will likely be the same story when I see my beautiful mom waiting for me on the other side of this flight. So lets assume example 4 is the Beyonce-like celebration dance that I will be fighting off when Flight 66 touches down in KC.
Boarding group B 1-30….that’s me. (“Put your hands up…..”)
No comments:
Post a Comment