Monday, October 6, 2008

Making Scents Of It All.

This morning at boot camp (boot camp: it's not as bad as it sounds), as drill sergeant Bill Crutchfield handed out weighted medicine balls, I found myself holding my medicine ball to my face so that I could inhale the tire smell. Then came the following conversation:

Drill Sergeant Bill: What are you doing Galyon?

Me: Smelling the medicine ball. I love the smell of it!!!

(Bill raises an eyebrow. Bill does not hide it either.)

Me: They smell like the tire department at Sears!! I looove that smell!

Megan James: Well, you know what smell I like? 

Me: What??!!!

Megan: The smell of office supply stores!!! Like Office Max!! Yummmm!!!! 

Bill: Well, I like the smell of sawdust.

Me: Oooooohhhh...another good one.

Bill:....and shoe stores, too. 


From there, the conversation went south. But, I must ask: WHAT CRAZY THINGS DO YOU LOVE THE SMELL OF????

4 comments:

Hannah said...

I love the smell when you walk through Home Depot after it rains. Wet wood! It became an obsession while I was pregnat with my first daughter.

Hannah said...

Doh, I meant pregnant...one handed. Baby's fault. :)

Dallas said...

gasoline... I despise pumping gas more than anything,but I will get out of the car just to smell the gas while someone else pumps it for me.. so weird, I know.

Nicolle with two L's. said...

i knew someone would say that :)